We do not imagine this site ever being frozen. Should new pictures or information become available, we will always want to add them. On the other hand, we don't see this site as being under perpetual evolution either. In the absence of something new, our plan is to get up what we have and leave it for future generations to enjoy.
- Two Fun Rides, June 1967
- Posed pictures of the Modesto Roadmen, September 1967>
- Car Wash Fundraiser, September 1968
- Miscellaneous Pictures
- June 1967 First Fun Ride of the Month.
- June 1967 Second Fun Ride of the Month.
- Posed portraits of some of the Modesto Roadmen taken in June 1967.
- A partial membership list
- A miscellaneous collection of photographs that don't belong elsewhere
- Historical Documents
What's New as of June 1, 2016
- Pictures from a Fun Ride we did in August of 1966.
- S) Pictures from the October 1966 Columbus Day Race (developed DEC66).
- S) June 1967 First Fun Ride of the Month.
- S) June 1967 Second Fun Ride of the Month.
- S) The June 1967 Lindsay Bicycle Race.
- S) The June 1967 Nevada City Bicycle Race.
- S) Posed portraits of some of the Modesto Roadmen taken in June 1967.
- S) The September 1967 Tour de Graceada.
- S) The May 1968 Great Western Bicycle Rally.
- S) Pictures taken of the Roadmen preparing for a Car Wash Fundraiser, September 1968.
- S) The September 1968 Alta Sierra Bicycle Race.
- S) The September 1968 Tour de Graceada Bicycle Race.
- S) The May 1969 Great Western Bicycle Rally.
- N) Various miscellaneous bicycle race pictures.
- ?) A section on the history of the jerseys and other cycling gear the Modesto Roadmen wore.
- Added links on each event page, going back to the list of events
- Edited home page
- Significant update to the History page
What Was New
- At long last, the mystery of the San Gregorio bicycle race(s) has been resolved! It was one two-day bicycle race in the San Gregorio area named the Tour Del Mar. It was a unique event in cycling history, with an accompanying rock concert featuring (among others) The Grateful Dead! Much new information on the event has been added, and the new page (with associated pictures) is named the June 1966 Tour Del Mar.
- A page and pictures for the July 1966 Redwood City Bike Race has been added.
- A page and pictures for a July 1967 training ride was added
- A page has been added where each of the pictures used in the slide show above is shown by itself with a caption.
- A seventh slide was added to the slide show.
- The What's Coming section on the Site Progress page now has a much more detailed list of what you can expect to see on future versions of this site.
- Two more Modesto Roadmen made their voices heard, Tom Woods and Roger Farschon! Updates reflecting their memories were added at sites too numerous to cite.
- I replaced the single picture at the top of this home page with a slide show.
- What was one bicycle race is now two! See the Pictures page for Bike Race, San Gregorio, 1965 and Bike Race, San Gregorio, 1966. Besides realizing what we thought was one race was pictures from two races mixed together, we increased the total number of pictures from 6 to 18.
- Added a page for the 1967 Mountain Loop.
- Added a page and 22 pictures for the 1968 Mountain Loop.
- Added a picture and substantially expanded the description of the Snelling ride.
- A picture of the original founders of the Modesto Roadmen added to the History page.
- Added a page and 6 pictures for the 1967 Pigeon Pass ride.
- Updated the January 1966 Fun Ride page, including the addition of two new photos.
- The first version of the website went live.
This page last updated June 1, 2016.